[mapserver-users] ovr and mapserver

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Nov 2 13:00:43 PDT 2016

Hi,

Mapserver makes use of external overviews automatically. It is perhaps not documented very well and http://www.mapserver.org/input/raster.html if using "external overview" in the meanings: external overview for a single image and as a downsampled separate image that covers a larger area, which must be utilized through scale dependent layer group. Very useful advice by the way.

-Jukka Rahkonen-