[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo layout in plain text

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Thu Nov 10 10:50:39 PST 2016

This should be possible. Templates are not limited to HTML output, any text based format should be able to be created. You do this through output formats. Here's an example for plain text:

 OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME 'plain-text'
    DRIVER 'TEMPLATE'
    MIMETYPE 'text/plain'
    FORMATOPTION "FILE=templates/plain.tmpl"
    FORMATOPTION 'ATTACHMENT=myfile.txt'
  END

The template file's extension is really irrelevant to what's being delivered back to the client - the mimetype sets that. I don't recall of the top of my head how you expose this type via WMS but I think that's pretty straight forward.

Steve