[mapserver-users] MAP_RESOLUTION parameter

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Nov 16 02:18:39 PST 2016

Hi,

There was some discussion 5 years ago https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2011-June/069136.html but obviously I did not made the documentation ticket.

Because MAP_RESOLUTION can be used without having it in the mapfile I feel that it should be documented in http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html as a vendor parameter. For Mapserver CGI the place could be http://mapserver.org/cgi/controls.html. MAP.RESOLUTION and MAP.DEFRESOLUTION is the syntax to use as cgi controls.

The default value is 72 and that is documented in http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-55.html.

-Jukka Rahkonen-