[mapserver-users] Need understand better some usual log messages

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 00:49:58 PDT 2016

Hi,
try-ing to have a better configuration of my mapfiles,  I see many
times these 4 categories of messages in my logs:

 msQueryByRect(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found.

 msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. At least one layer name
required in LAYERS

msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid values for BBOX.

msOGRFileOpen(): Falling back to MapServer only evaluation

I'm not really sure what they mean.

The first:
" msQueryByRect(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found."

I guess is coming from an extern wrong request so is not a
configuration problem.

The second:
" msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. At least one layer name
required in LAYERS"

Also this, I guess, is generate by a wrong external request so it
should not be a mapfile configuration problem.

The third:
"msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid values for BBOX."

I really don't understand is this come from an external request or is
a wrong setting in my mapfile.

The fourth:
"msOGRFileOpen(): Falling back to MapServer only evaluation"

Idont' know what this mean.

Any hint is welcome.
Thx,