[mapserver-users] mapserver and expressjs

Aurélien .... kinju59 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 13:52:27 PDT 2017

Hi,

I have a mapserver mounted with the mapcache extension in a docker
container and I would like to add an authorization layer in order to give
an access only for my users using an ExpressJS server.

The pragmatic solution would be to hide the map container from the external
network and make an ExpressJS service to verify the identity / autorization
of the user and forward the http request in case of success.

The schema would be client <-> http (Express) <-> http (apache / CGI) <->
mapserv

But I'm asking myself if it could be possible to use the mapserv executable
directly from the ExpressJS server using some CGI module(s) ?

Is there is someone which already tried this kind of stuff ?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english,

Kin