[mapserver-users] problem serving postgis raster as WMS

Brent Wood Brent.Wood at niwa.co.nz
Sat Jun 3 14:40:31 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm looking to (eventually) manage several hundred raster layers in Postgis.

I have prototyped a single layer using a worldclim file, and can open the Postgis raster table in QGIS (using db manager) and display it as expected with pseudocolour. It is a single band layer, with pixel values in the -36 to 30 range (avg temperatures).

I have set up a mapfile to serve this as a WMS. I can connect to the service with QGIS, see the layer listed and add it to the canvas. The legend shows the three colours I have set as classes for the layer, but the layer does not appear on the canvas (or if it does it is invisible).

The mapserver log suggests (to me anyway) that it is working OK.

I have added a global land shapefile, also served as WMS to the same mapfile to give some context, which opens and displays OK as a WMS layer in QGIS.

The mapfile, along with the mapserver log entry, are at https://pastebin.com/2jjGFYaW

If anyone can help me sort out why I'm not seeing any data in QGIS from the Postgis raster WMS layer, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

Brent Wood

Programme leader: Environmental Information Delivery
NIWA
DDI:  +64 (4) 3860529

Brent Wood
Principal Technician - GIS and Spatial Data Management
Programme Leader - Environmental Information Delivery
+64-4-386-0529 | 301 Evans Bay Parade, Greta Point, Wellington | www.niwa.co.nz<http://www.niwa.co.nz>
[NIWA]<http://www.niwa.co.nz>
To ensure compliance with legal requirements and to maintain cyber security standards, NIWA's IT systems are subject to ongoing monitoring, activity logging and auditing. This monitoring and auditing service may be provided by third parties. Such third parties can access information transmitted to, processed by and stored on NIWA's IT systems.