[mapserver-users] 3D / 2.5D / Coordinates with Z and GEOMETRY Type in WFS

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Jun 30 06:48:46 PDT 2017

Quick reminder for the archives: the reason for the USE_POINT_Z_M option
is that there is (or at least used to be at the time) a non trivial
performance impact (15%-50% performance hit) likely related to the
increase in size of the pointObj struct when Z and M are added:

https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver-import/issues/1244

It may be nice to have some updated benchmarks comparing with and
without USE_POINT_Z_M with recent releases, but I just wanted to point
out that if one cares about performance and doesn't need the Z,M then is
preferable to keep this option turned off in their builds.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc