[mapserver-users] 3D / 2.5D / Coordinates with Z and GEOMETRY Type in WFS

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Jun 30 06:50:09 PDT 2017

On vendredi 30 juin 2017 07:00:40 CEST Michael Smith wrote:
> What os? I know the mapserver docker packages
> (https://hub.docker.com/r/mapserver/mapserver/)  have it but most of the
> windows versions, MS4W, GisInternals, don’t. Don’t know about OSGeo4W.

I'm wondering if we shouldn't revisit the decision to have USE_POINT_Z_M disabled by
default. This is often annoying.

Apparently, adding USE_POINT_Z_M defaulting to OFF was driven by performance reasons
per https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/1244 . But this was 12 years ago.
Perhaps with recent hardware the performance difference isn't that big. The ticket
unfortunately doesn't contain a test case to bench (likely lots of lines/polygons, or large
lines/polygons to render). If the perf difference is still there, a more involved change would
be indeed to move the z and m components into separate arrays.

http://www.spatialys.com