[mapserver-users] OGR Attributes

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Mar 21 11:54:27 PDT 2017

Hi Flavio!

The section you are referring to is specially for accessing label styles
through MapScript
(http://mapserver.org/input/vector/ogr.html#accessing-ogr-styleitemauto-label-styles-through-mapscript).
  So I have now tested and confirmed that with MapServer 7.0.4 (MS4W
3.2.1) I can access the "OGR:LabelText" style, on a MapInfo .TAB file,
through PHP MapScript as follows:

   // open map
   $oMap = ms_newMapObj( "D:/ms4w/apps/ogr-demos/nfld_demo/test.map" );

   //get layer
   $oLayer = $oMap->getLayerByName("Map_Labels");

   //get styles
   $status = $oLayer->open();
   $status = $oLayer->whichShapes($oMap->extent);
   while ($oShape = $oLayer->nextShape())
   {
     //echo $oShape->index ."<br>\n";
     echo $oShape->getValue($oLayer,"OGR:LabelText");
     echo "\n";
   }
   $oLayer->close();

My mapfile layer is as follows: