[mapserver-users] Polygon border with marker line symbol

Anton Bakker anton.bakker at geocat.net
Thu Oct 12 01:54:36 PDT 2017

Hi Lars,

On second thought setting the TYPE to LINE does not fit my usecase exactly. I would like to achieve the following for a polygon layer: https://i.imgur.com/3stwHw4.png <https://i.imgur.com/3stwHw4.png> . So the two requirements for the symbology are:
- Marker line symbol on border
- Polygon fill

With setting the type to line I can only achieve the marker line symbol, but I cannot specify a fill: https://i.imgur.com/tk6vJ4b.png <https://i.imgur.com/tk6vJ4b.png> . Do you know if there is a way of achieving this effect?

I guess it maybe could be done by grouping two layers, together and treating them as one, but preferably the solution is restricted to one layer.

Cheers,
Anton