[mapserver-users] Rewrite rule problem

gorank kirandziskig at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 00:31:25 PDT 2017

I would like to use Rewrite rules to change path to the map file in the URL
with mapfile name only.

Example:
http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/Demo/wms?map=*/ms4w/apps/Demo/N1.map*&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0

for users to be

http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/Demo/wms?map=*N1.map*&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0

I have tried different sugestions in mapserver documenation  but it doesn't
work.

I need help somebody to describe step by step:

1. Where should be located the new created  .htaccess file (Rewrite mode in
the httpd.conf file is activated - without #) . In the httpd.conf file
Document Root is

              # DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
              # documents. By default, all requests are taken from this
directory, but
              # symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other
locations.
              #
               DocumentRoot "C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs"
               AccessFileName .htaccess

2. What should be written in the .htaccess file in my case

3. If i have different Rewrite rules for different paths how to separate
them in the  .htaccess file

Best Regards,
Goran

--