[mapserver-users] removing seamlines along edges of air photos?

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Fri Dec 6 08:21:31 PST 2019

Hello,

I have a single mapfile that contains two layers.  One layer includes county wide aerial photography at medium resolution.  The other layer contains high resolution aerial photography for select cities in my county.  I would like to combine the two layers so that I can have a single "maximum resolution available" image service.  Unfortunately, the high resolution air photos have a ~30 foot seamline at the edge of the air photos.  The seamline is not all the same exact color so I cannot set a transparency.

Question:
Would specifying an extent on the high resolution imagery allow me to cut off the edge of the imagery (thus removing the area where there is a seamline)?  Also, I am referencing all of the high resolution images through a tile index so is there a way to also specify extents within the tile index, or would I need to separate each of the cities into different layers?

Thanks!

Mark Volz