[mapserver-users] How does colorrange actually work with vector layers?

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Sep 19 16:43:20 PDT 2019

Hi,

Documentation of colorrange in https://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/style.html suggests to find details from https://www.mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-6.html#rfc6 but the RFC does not really tell what was finally implemented. Is this what is documented for styles what we have now?

STYLE
    RANGEITEM "myAttr"
    COLORRANGE 255 0 0  0 255 0
    DATARANGE 0.0 1.0
END

I suppose it is not possible to give a third, interim value for COLORRANGE, nor to use Z (or M) coordinate value as RANGEITEM. Especially I have in my mind usecases for Z to visualize heights and depths, and M for speed or other measures.

-Jukka Rahkonen-