[mapserver-users] join filter

Sebastiano Laini Sebastiano.Laini at BuchananComputing.co.uk
Tue Sep 24 03:02:36 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Is possible to create a filter based on multiple tables?

This is my current filter:

DATA "wkb_geometry from london.ordersp"
              FILTER "date_advert <= '%DTO%' and date_close >= '%DTO%' and visible and scheme_id = %SCHEMEID%"

I have also a london.schemes table with the same column that I can modify through an admin page so I can choose with SCHEME is visible and change the dates but I'm updating just the london.schemes table and I'm not iterating through all the possible tables with some data and modify the dates/visible for each item in it.

Is there any way to let mapserver check the "date_advert" "date_close" and visible in the london.scheme table where the scheme_id =%SCHEMEID% ?

This is an example of my data:

london.scheme

scheme_id:         2000
date_advert:       2019-01-01
date_close          2019-12-31
visible:                  true

london.ordersr

name:                   item2
scheme_id:         2000
date_advert:       2019-01-01
date_close          2019-12-31
visible:                  true

As you can see I have duplicated columns and ideally I should get rid of the dates and visible column in the orders{r/l/p,etc} tables and check just the scheme table

Sebastiano Laini
Web Developer
Buchanan Computing