[mapserver-users] Create a tileindex for WFS

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Apr 12 06:35:25 PDT 2021

Great advice from Jukka.  (especially trying the exact query through the
psql.exe commandline utility)

I still run matviews (materialized views) for a client's app, but if I
remember correctly for speed the trick was to specifically index (in
that matview in Postgres) the geometry as well as the specific
columns/attributes that the MapServer WFS is returning.

Regarding your question of how to store the tileindex, I still always
recommend storing it in a shapefile (and then indexing that for speed
with shptree).  For speed this cannot be beaten.  But for elegance (and
if you feel like pulling your hair out for a day) you could try storing
that index inside Postgres, but again I do not recommend this.  It's
your hair ha!

Hope those tips help.

And thanks for using MS4W for sharing your geo info!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training