[Marketing] GeoWeb 2008 sponsorship

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Thu Feb 21 15:37:49 EST 2008

I'm technically out of town and attending a conference right now, but I
just realized we're proceeding ahead on this without me having
officially reported in...

As assigned from the last meeting, I've went ahead and worked out a plan
for OSGeo to be a sponsor of the GeoWeb student programming contest, to
the tune of US$1000.  (maybe should have been US$1024, just to be
cute...)

In return, OSGeo will get a judgeship position and our name/logo on the
award program "proportionate within reason to the financial input".  The
judgeship will go to me by default, since I'm already involved with this
event, but if anyone else is interested (and would be at the conference)
just let me know.

Frank is already preparing an announcement for this, in collaboration
with Ron and I.

-mpg