[Marketing] Flyers

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Jun 6 04:53:51 EDT 2008

On Fri, June 6, 2008 01:16, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> I created the first set of brochures well over a year (maybe more)
> ago.  They have been online for a long time at:
> http://www.osgeo.org/visibility

Thanks for the update (I should know myself instead of having to ask... :-)

> Then I think someone in Germany took them and updated them (maybe for
> FOSSIG last year ?).  So I uploaded them onto that same page and
> called them v2.  There wasn't really any discussion about doing updates, so
> they were done outside of Marketing Commitee input - I just took what I
> got.

I was involved with that update so that it did get some input from
Marketing but we never reported back except sending the PDFs. I wondered
whether others might also have edited brochures.

I added brochure updating to next week's meeting agenda (Wednesday
2008-06-11 at 14:00 UTC).

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=06&day=11&year=2008&hour=14&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

> Apart from that, I've held off doing any more until we get some
> branding help.
>
> Make sense?
> Tyler

Yes makes sense, thanks.

Arnulf.

> On 5-Jun-08, at 1:21 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:
>

>> Arnulf Christl wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>> time to update brochures. Tyler,
>>> I am somewhat unsure as to the status of the brochures. It seems like
>>> versions forked at one point. What is your current status and where do
>>> you organize them? Maybe we should consider populating the SVN:
>>> https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
>>> At one point we have discussed format issues (A4, US-Letter, any
>>> other?) and managing translations (I know there are at least FR, DE ,
>>> EN
>>> and IT versions). But I think we never really come to a conclusion.
>>> Simon,
>>> what is the status of the OSGeo brochure documents we maintain? We can
>>> talk them trough when I am back in the office next week. Regards,
>>> Arnulf.
>>>

>> I've got a new one to contribute, who should I send it to, or where
>> should I post it to make sure it gets in with all the other good stuff.
>> It's an inkscape file and final pdf of a letter sized sheet of 10
>> generic OSGeo project cards (print and cut). Basically it says OSGEO,
>> slogan, website and the list of projects.
>>
>> I'll be happy to commit if given svn access.
>>

>> Alex
>> (wildintellect)

Arnulf Christl
http://www.wheregroup.com