[Marketing] OSGeo benefits - Found word(s) risk free in the Text body

Miguel Montesinos mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
Tue Apr 27 17:01:25 EDT 2010

Hello,

I would suggest some more valuable criteria for government.

* Technology independence.
* Investment synergies among different adminstrations.

The first is a question of knowing what the software does and to be able to adapt it. Yes, it's not just an intention, it's been done a lot of times; you can customize a software to your needings, by using external professional services, or by training internal resources.

The second is a strategy I've put into practice: Let more than one administration share their investment so that they can maximize the money they spend, as well as get future improvements as any partner needs some features.

>From my point of view, there are some other factors:
* Cost bound investment "maintained over time"
* Ability to try full versions before decission taking
* Fast knowledge about strategic decissions (in healthy OS communities)

BR

Miguel Montesinos