[Marketing] exhibition pack application

Gavin Fleming gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 08:17:56 PDT 2014

Hi all

I'd like to apply for a Regional starter pack and exhibition pack for
the Africa local chapter.

We have had a presence at many local events in the past but want to ramp
this up and need support to do so. The big event on the horizon is
http://africageo.org. OSGeo can get a discounted stand there but it will
still cost R12000 (~$1100). Any support would be appreciated, financial
or material. It's not clear from the marketing wiki what is currently
approved.

Besides running stands at conferences and events we also try to put an
OSGeo Live DVD in all delegate packs, do OSGeo Live talks (I have one
accepted at this conference). We must take advantage of this one since
we have approval to put the OSGeo Live DVDs into all delegate packs -
normally the sponsors and other vested interests prevent this.

There is at least one National/Regional/Continental/International GIS
conference in South Africa every year and many smaller ones. We also put
on a presence in other countries, for example OSGeo Africa shared stand
with GSDI/EISAfrica at the AfricaGIS/GSDI14 conference in Addis Ababa
last year.

let's discuss...

Gavin

--