[Marketing] Budget 2024 ideas and planning

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 10:11:47 PST 2023

 I have gotten personal feedback (direct one on one at conferences) but no
email replies to this thread 🙂

Ideas that have come in:

   1. Update the PDF handouts; while our projects have done okay I had to
   redo them to have consistent layout and logo placements.
   2. Provide QR codes at the booths so people can download the PDFs
   (saving printing costs and still providing the information in a
   professional consistent fashion).
   3. Videos on how to do basic things: sign up for an osgeo user id
   (priority), how to add a service provider, etc...
   (It was really emphasized that videos are required for outreach; not
   just step by step instructions)
   4. The osgeo user id form is a terrible user experience and must be
   replaced.

With these topics in mind we should outline a budget for 2024.