[MetaCRS] Datum Transformation Issues

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 11:35:12 PST 2017

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Nick Fordes <nick.fordes at locusview.com>
wrote:

> Yes -
>
> I am hoping to achieve a sub-meter transformation between the two datums.
> Also - we would ideally like to go from ITRF 2008 to Is Proj4js an
> appropriate tool to do this?  Can it handle a grid shift transform?

proj4js does not support grid shift transformations. Proj4 does but the
epsg codes don't always reference the grid shift files. The Proj4 North
American grid shift files that I'm aware of are tied to State Plane
coordinate systems. I'm not aware of a grid shift file(s) covering the
whole continent, which is what it looks like you're wanting?

Rich

--
Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com