[MOSS-archives] ORCIDs are not being picked up

Peter Löwe peter.loewe at gmx.de
Thu Jan 13 08:07:29 PST 2022

Hi MOSS List,

currently several OSGeo projects are considering to register a DOI, which is great.
I just noticed some kind of hickup in the settings of the GitHub-Zenodo linkage for the OSGeo/MOSS repo.
We have ORCIDs in the repo metadata for Māris, Jeff and me. They should be picked up by the mechanisms whenever a new release is made, which is not the case.

This thing seems to have worked before, for the transient staging repo ploewe/MOSS:
Release 1.0.1 of that repo caused the DOI workflow (by DataCite) to add this to my ORCID account:

-- snip --
ploewe/MOSS: MOSS Archive 1.0.1
Zenodo
2021-06-11 | Other
DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.4931427
Show less detail
CONTRIBUTORS
Carl N Reed III (Author)
Sol Katz (Programmer)
John Davidson(Programmer)
Randy Frosh (Programmer)
Anne Hunter (Programmer)
John Lee (Programmer)
Māris Nartišs (0000-0002-3875-740X)
Jeff McKenna (0000-0003-3900-1863)
Peter Löwe (0000-0003-2257-0517)
Description
This is the second release of the historic MOSS codebase in its transient GitHub repository to ensure long term preservation of the codebase, scientific citation and due credit to the original authors. This release includes important CFF & JSON citation files, as well as a new folder structure. No changes were made to the codebase, which is assumed static since active development by Carl N Reed III, Sol Katz and others ended in 1985.
Added
2021-06-12
Last modified
2021-06-12
Source: DataCite
-- snap --

This is weird. Will investigate. Ideas, anyone ?

Cheers,
Peter

<peter.loewe at gmx.de>