[MOSS-archives] Updates to wikipedia page

Carl Reed carl.n.reed at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 11:39:57 PST 2023

Peter -

Thanks -

One more historical note: I was the only MOSS software developer from 1978
into 1970. In 1979, some additional resources were added to both the FWS
and Autometric teams (John Lee for documentation, Randy Frosh for
cartographic output, Jim Kramer for data input). And then a bit later John
Davidson and Anne Hunter joined the Autometric team for MOSS support and
coding. Also in mid-1979 WAMS software development moved into the Ft.
Collins WELUT facility. At this point Autometric staff began working
closely with WELUT staff on various GIS related activities (such as
integration of the APPS-IV and WAMS into GIS workflows). In 1980, Danhy
Alberts coded the first WAMS (AMS) to MOSS conversion software. The above
was written from memory :-)

Exact details with proper dates can be found here:
https://sites.google.com/site/reedsgishistory/Home/short-history-of-deltasystems-genasys

Cheers

Carl

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 2:33 AM Peter Löwe <peter.loewe at gmx.de> wrote:

> Dear MOSS community,
>
> FYI, I've started to update the MOSS page on Wikipedia (
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map_Overlay_and_Statistical_System) and
> have added a "software infobox". More content about the project being a
> OSGeo heritage project will follow. Please lend a hand if you can.
>
> Question: Has there been an official logo ?
> In this presentation (https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5752442), the MOSS
> lettering from an handbook document was used as a improvised logo on page 6
> Could that be used as a proper project logo on the wikipedia page (most of
> the other OSgeo projects have logos..) ?
>
> Best,
> Peter
>

> <peter.loewe at gmx.de>
>
> --

Carl Reed, PhD
Carl Reed and Associates

Mobile: 970-402-0284

"I've had enough." Steve Kerr, May 25, 2022

“Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be
limited without being lost.”

— Thomas Jefferson, U.S. Founding Father