[Journal] PDF Page Size Problem?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sat Apr 14 01:55:20 EDT 2007

On 13-Apr-07, at 9:34 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On 4/8/07, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) <tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> I'm getting some peculiar results from PDF export in LaTeX...
>> I see that our main document specifies:
>>    \documentclass[a4paper]{report}
>> So I assume we are using A4 paper size?
>>
>> Yet the output PDF shows page sizes as 21 x 29.7cm !  Obviously way
>> larger that A4 or Letter.
>> Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
>
> Tyler, all,
>
> the GRASS team is currently preparing a flyer and facing the same
> problem. Here a comment which will interest you:

My problem is actually a bug I think, when trying to merge a single
A4 PDF page (tex_support/tyler_cover.pdf) into the rest of the
Journal document - it somehow sees the single page as a way smaller
size (i.e. 50% smaller).

I had no plans to leave A4, but was just confused because my cover
page came out scaled down to a weird size.  I would love to also
produce a Letter size version after we are all done.  Is it as easy
as changing the document class option?