[Journal] Moving along with volume 2

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sat Aug 11 12:35:56 EDT 2007

I've started compiling all the articles in our main document.  In
some cases I've just done a quick/raw conversion to tex format for
some articles.  I'll note which ones need more work after I've
reviewed them a bit more.

By the way, we have a few more case studies this time (which is
great), but I think one of the more interesting things we have are
the Local Reports from five local chapters.

Also note that I have been inviting articles from our OSGeo
sponsors.  In some cases they fit in perfectly with the normal
content of our journal (e.g. Lizardtech's "why we use open source
article" will go into Interview section), whereas others that have
less of a tie into open source directly, will go into a new section
I'll call "Sponsor Updates" or something similar.  This will be a
good place for articles that help us understand what a company is
thinking, but that may not be a purely scientific or FOSS-related
article.  I hpe this will help.

More to follow,