[Journal] Introduction: a proof reader

Angus Carr angus.carr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:28:56 EDT 2007

Hi, all.

I'm interested in the OSGeo Journal, and I don't have any content to
provide today, so I have volunteered my services for proof reading,
and possibly writing coaching when needed.

If you'd like me to read your document, please contact me directly,
and we can work out what sort of writing assistance you would like. I
will probably be involved in the period running up to publication
anyway, but I'm happy to be involved earlier if you'd like.

I have extensive experience with FOSS GIS products, going back to
using GRASS in the early 90's to count tree rings (don't ask, but it
did work). Since then, I have used GRASS and other FOSS GIS products
as needed to do my work, scripting in the usual collection of
languages.

I presently operate a site using OpenLayers, GRASS and mapserver to
drive the mapping needed for forest fire fighting in Saskatchewan
(Canada).

Cheers,
Angus Carr.