[Newsletter] Welcome and urgent issues/status

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 5 13:19:51 EST 2007

On 5-Mar-07, at 5:03 AM, Martin Wegmann wrote:

> the deadlines from the homepage are looking good, so far.
> I told all authors to submit their article before end of March (23
> March).

I am happy with the deadlines too.  How about the rest of you?  Given
that contributors provide you something to work with by the end of
March, do you think you need more time - or more help?

I will help with editing specific articles when available but just
don't want to commit to a section yet.

> News & Events need some more input - but I think after a official
> call for
> articles/News/Events we can fill this part

I agree and think that now with Jason volunteering as a News Editor,
he will do a great job hustling up news content.  Our editorial team
is almost perfectly complete!

> Project Intro: I still wait for some confirmation
> Case Studies: Dylan Beaudette offered another GRASS-R article -
> would it fit
> into Case Studies, Micha?

I see Dylan posted a different article re: integration of GRASS and
GMT.  Perhaps we can use his GRASS-R article in next edition ??

> Integration Studies: I would close it for vol. 1 and hope that
> everybody
> submits their article in time

Agreed.

> Topical Studies: one more

I would really love to see one more here - introducing some concept
or theory.

> Programming Tut: closed?

Same as above - some small tutorial would be very helpful here.  I
have some ideas for something I might do myself, but let's leave it
open and aim for something elementary or basic.

>> * Anyone have ideas or interest in doing an interview with someone?
>
> Inteview: can we take the interviews from the homepage?

You mean from osgeo.org 'community spotlights'?  They are all getting
fairly old.  Would be great to see if we can get someone to do
another one, then after newsletter is complete we can post it on the
website :)