[Newsletter] Task: define article lengths for your sections

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 5 13:24:24 EST 2007

How long can my article be?  That is the main question I get from
potential contributors.  So far I have been saying about 5 pages
maximum, but should probably tell them how many words.  The great
thing about the newsletter is that adding more pages doesn't add more
cost to publish.  However, as editors you will have more work to do.

*Task* for each editor, for your category provide a recommend minimum
and maximum article size and report back to the list.

These are your own categories to manage, so it is important that you
pick a size that works well for you.  If you don't care how long,
then just assume 5 pages maximum.  Does that make sense?

I hope there are not any articles more than 4-5 pages and assume we
should really keep it to 3 page maximum.  However, if there is
something really really good, I would hate to lose it. :)  Markus/
Martin - any suggestions from past editions?