[Newsletter] OSGeo-.... News? Journal?

Jason Fournier jfournier at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Mar 6 13:49:46 EST 2007

Hi All,

I, too, like the suggestions for the name.  My personal favourites of the
bunch are OSGeo Journal and OSGEO Magazine.  I also like the sounds of OSGeo
Periodical - it's formal and is a nice umbrella term for a variety of topics
(much like magazine).  My only concern with Periodical is that it's
associated with a temporal aspect (monthly, quarterly, etc) and might not
fit in with OSGeo's newsletter mandate.  Just a thought.

Regarding Wiki editing and article submission - I agree with Martin's
suggestion to allow emailing of content to respective editors, at least
until we reach a critical mass of contributors comfortable with editing
OSGeo's wiki.

Jay