[Journal] Citation help

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 23 14:57:36 EST 2007

On 23-Nov-07, at 1:25 AM, Martin Wegmann wrote:

>> Once more I can only recommend to use the real
>> Bibtex format. The list archive contains a link to a
>> converter (see an earlier mail from me).
>
> yes, I started to convert one article and it looks better but I
> have not yet
> manged to get this converter running (but I have also not tried
> properly to
> get this perl script running).
>
> continuing to test conversion either for vol.3 or vol.4, Martin

Please bear with me - the whole notion of different ways of doing
citations and bibliographies is quite foreign to me.  Does this mean
we have to only use one or the other?  Or for difficult articles can
we make the switch, then plan to do all the future ones as well?  I
don't think we usually have too many citations, so maybe it's not a
big deal?