[Journal] Citation help

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 23 15:38:41 EST 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 8:57 PM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) <tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On 23-Nov-07, at 1:25 AM, Martin Wegmann wrote:
>
> >> Once more I can only recommend to use the real
> >> Bibtex format. The list archive contains a link to a
> >> converter (see an earlier mail from me).
> >
> > yes, I started to convert one article and it looks better but I
> > have not yet
> > manged to get this converter running (but I have also not tried
> > properly to get this perl script running).

In the first line of the script, probably change
 /usr/local/bin/perl
 /usr/bin/perl

The README of
ftp://cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/biblio/bibtex/utils/tex2bib/
contains a working example.

> > continuing to test conversion either for vol.3 or vol.4, Martin
>
> Please bear with me - the whole notion of different ways of doing
> citations and bibliographies is quite foreign to me.

Essentially, it is getting easier :)
Here a nice software which helps to manage the references:
http://jabref.sourceforge.net/

> Does this mean
> we have to only use one or the other?  Or for difficult articles can
> we make the switch, then plan to do all the future ones as well?  I
> don't think we usually have too many citations, so maybe it's not a
> big deal?

I think that things can be mixed. You can also manage bib files by
article (multiple bibtex references in one journal). I have done that
already somewhere (just have to find it).

Markus