[Journal] Managing the next volume..

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 05:42:28 EDT 2008

Tyler,

What a bout choosing/inviting a guest editor for each release?
That person would have the coordinating role of scientific content
especially, she/he would be sent draft for review/approval.

The person does not need to be into it, but just review (on a separate
document or by email) and approve quality, maybe this will offload
from your shoulders.

Cheers,
Yann

On 08/04/2008, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) <tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>  I'm still picking away at Volume 4 - the Annual Report.  But as I do so, I
> wanted to bring up an idea some of you may be interested in.
>
>  The Journal is not one of my highest priorities and as such suffers a bit
> of neglect, especially around timing of issues, involving new volunteers,
> etc.  I am wondering if anyone would be interested in trying out
> coordinating the next release.  It would require no long term commitment and
> we couldn't fire you ;-) You could think of it as being a (guest) Release
> Manager.  If it worked out well, then it would become a regular position.
> At least it would give you some experience and you'd probably have many
> suggestions for improvements.  I'd be here to help support and guide, but I
> realise I need some further help to keep things moving.
>
>  I'm hopeful that with the growing interest and momentum behind the journal,
> we can tap into some more of your skills and interests.  If you ever see a
> way to improve the processes, please discuss them on this list, then we can
> see how to implement them.
>
>  Best wishes,
>  Tyler

Yann Chemin