[Journal] Regrouping for 2008 - quick questions

Dr. Markus Lupp lupp at lat-lon.de
Mon Jan 21 19:16:57 EST 2008

Hi Tyler,

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) schrieb:
> Happy new year,
> As some of you may have noticed I finally put up a deadline for the
> next volume.
> This is going to be an incredible issue if we can get it all
> together.  But first I'd like to invite you all to take a few moments
> to share your feedback from our first full year of the OSGeo Journal.
>
> Please share with me via the list:
> * Will you continue/discontinue to work on the journal this year?  Or
> if you are new, are ready to start contributing now?
I will continue to work on the journal and I hope to find more time this
year to fill my positon.
> * Would you like your role to change in some way?  How/where/why would
> you like to help?
I am happy with my role.
> * How can we get more content through our process faster? E.g. improve
> getting from drafts-->to final easier?
Hmmm, no idea here. I also think that the process is fast enough.
> * What were your top annoying things about the production process in
> 2007?
Trying to install/download latex on Windows while using a 56kbit line in
Indonesia. ;-)
> * What was the highlight of 2007 Journal volumes for you?
I liked them all. :)
> * What's the biggest challenge for the Journal in the future?
> (solutions welcomed too :) )
Its circulation. I am not sure about this, but I have the feeling that
the number of people reading the OSGeo journal is still rather limited.
> * Was 3 volumes in one year too many?  just right? too few?
Between 2 an 4 volumes a year is fine.

Best regards,

Markus
> ---
> I've taken the past month to regroup my own thoughts on these points
> but I'd like to get yours too before we jump into the next volume.
>
> Hope all is well, just say hello if you don't have any great
> I'll have a bit less time to work on the journal this year, so I'm
> hoping that with the couple new additions to the team and a bit of
> streamlining we can still produce 3-4 volumes this year.  I certainly
> believe there is enough content out there..
>
> Now it's your turn, looking forward to hearing from you.
> Tyler

Dr. Markus Lupp
l a t / l o n  GmbH
Kupang-NTT