[Journal] Update and next steps

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Jun 4 13:54:12 EDT 2008

Hello Tyler,

On Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2008 19:42:45 Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> Hi all, sorry for little to no communication over the past couple
> months - I've been focused on other work.  Interest in the journal
> has continued to grow over the past 6 months and I believe we have
> more editors and reviewers ready to contribute than before.  However,
> my time availability on the journal has been much reduced and I'm
> still looking for more ways/ideas to help make the journal happen.
>
> I would like to open up the discussion on this list to find some
> ways, maybe a volunteer - even temporary - associate editor who can
> help see the next volume through production.  Volume 4 is still the
> OSGeo Annual Report and no it has not all been finalised yet.  If you
> are looking for something to do, I encourage you to grab a copy from
> SVN and review/edit it.  It is certainly ready for review, though one
> primary article is missing.
>
> I think the next steps for Volume 5 are to get all article
> submissions into the online system:
> http://www.osgeo.org/ojs/index.php/journal
> Currently there are only 6 articles in the system.  But if we can get
> the number up to maybe 10, then I think it would be a good time to
> start the production cycle.  Until then, let's discuss any ideas you
> have - then wait and see for when we get enough articles for an issue.

I have at least 2 more articles which have been submitted in the last couple
of months and will ask the authors to submit it via OJS.

Others are already in svn without touching OJS.

However I am still pretty much busy in the next months and will be abroad
nearly all august till december, so I am only of little help, but will try to
help as much as I can.

regards Martin