[Journal] Update on Journal

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:29:04 EST 2009

Tyler has been working over the last week or two to fix some bugs we
are having in OJS. In the meantime, I sent one of our peer-reviewed
articles directly to the Section Editors for review.

I have added a list of our LaTex handlers to the OSGeo wiki page for
the journal:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Journal#LaTex_Handlers

I'm thinking I need to put out a revised article list, because we
haven't gotten responses from the authors of a couple of the articles
we had in the hopper. At this point, it looks like we only have three
articles composing the "meat" of this next volume. There is an article
an Sextante, and a topical article I am writing, and the peer review
article submission we received. The volume will be fleshed out with
our news items being prepared by Rafal and by an editorial from Tyler.

I've pushed back our deadlines for Volume 6:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Journal_Volume_6

I think this was necessary because of the problems we've had
contacting authors and with the bugs in OJS.

I excpect things will go more smoothly for Volume 7, as we won't allow
as much time to lapse from the time of article sumbission to
publication.

We'll make the new deadlines firm, and will roll with whatever we've
got in the hopper at the time. If we are still having problems with
OJS, we can handle the reviews and edits the "old fashioned" way, via
e-mail.

One more thing: Tyler and I discussed keeping only the first submittal
and the final article copy in OJS. All of the edits and revisions (and
a final copy) of the article would be kept in the SVN repository for
the Journal. We would copy the article from OJS to the SVN when it was
converted to LaTex.

Please let me know if you have objections, comments, or suggestions on
anything I have mentioned in this e-mail. I apologize for not sending
an update sooner.

Landon