[Journal] Update on Journal

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Nov 25 20:14:57 EST 2009

On Wednesday 25 November 2009 08:29:04 Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
> Tyler has been working over the last week or two to fix some bugs we
> are having in OJS.

This is a bit of a struggle at the moment - basically our LDAP authentication
backend isn't working with OJS at the moment.  So I've had to change the way
users are authenticated.

Could the current editors/reviewers please try logging in and let me know if
you still cannot.  In that case I'll have to reset your password for you.
Sorry for the confusion on this.

Landon or others, could you please try logging and dropping me a note?

All your changes and suggestions re: vol 6 sound good - thanks so much for
keeping us on our toes.  Editors who have stuck with us during this transition
to OJS and waterfalling deadlines, thank you too!

> One more thing: Tyler and I discussed keeping only the first submittal
> and the final article copy in OJS. All of the edits and revisions (and
> a final copy) of the article would be kept in the SVN repository for
> the Journal. We would copy the article from OJS to the SVN when it was
> converted to LaTex.

Could I suggest a small change to that?

It might be best to keep the various review/edit cycles in OJS - since the
communication tools are there to support that.  After the higher level
editing, copyediting and reviewing is done - THEN move it to SVN.

So, don't move it to SVN until it's all out of the authors and reviewers hands
- then SVN won't be a barrier for anyone.  This would also be the time we want
to start adding the .tex files into a master document for a draft compiled
volume.

Does that make sense?  Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier  :[