[Journal] Next steps

Rafal Wawer Rafal.Wawer at sadl.kuleuven.be
Tue Sep 22 03:33:08 EDT 2009

Hi Mitchel,
Good to hear from you. (-:
The deadline for new articles is IMO quite short... Unless we put the announcement in a very exposed place.

It would be nice to have a fixed timing for the journal: deadlines for submission, decisions, review, issues, etc. Both parties - editors/reviewers and authors, would have clear picture. Submission deadlines could be announced on the OSGeo website and mailinglists some 2-3 months in advance, so the authors will have enough time to prepare good papers.
How about setting up 2 releases a year for a start? (-:

Best regards:
Raf

Dr. Rafal Wawer
K.U.Leuven
R&D Division SADL (Spatial Application Division)
Celestijnenlaan 200e bus 2224
BE-3001 Leuven-Heverlee
Belgium
tel. 0032 16 329731