[Journal] Next steps

Dimitris Kotzinos kotzino at csd.uoc.gr
Wed Sep 23 06:55:48 EDT 2009

Hi all,

since I will not be in the upcoming FOSS4G some quick comments on
Tyler's excellent plan:
1. it is good that we have a plan! :)
2. I would suggest to have a bit more time for articles, if we want
something more than just announcements. I would suggest at least a month
which pushes submissions towards the end of October and the rest
accordingly.
3. maybe the conference is a great place to start/continue the journal
discussion but maybe as a more organized discussion with larger
participation
4. Tyler, could you draft a call for contributions that the section
editors can amend accordingly and we can then push it to the community
5. could we also set a schedule for publication? I would prefer to delay
this time and then keep dates for ... ever :) than pushing out an issue
now and then mess up the scheduling again. One crucial question is if we
need one or two issues per year.

Best,

Dimitris