[Journal] Next steps

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 23 19:51:11 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 17:45 -0400, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> It is usually 6 weeks for full papers, 3 weeks for letters/technical
> notes
> and then you need to give some time for authors to respond to reviewers
> comments - 1-2 weeks for minor revision, 3 months for major revision -
> then it usually goes to next issue
> (if you are asking authors to recompute something or similar kind of
> revision
> that require a lot of work),

Thanks Helena,
Would you suggest more like 8 weeks then?  We can treat non peer
reviewed stuff similar to your "letters/technical notes".  The rest
would be like full papers at 6 weeks + 2 weeks for revisions.  If
anything "major" then we bump them into the next quarterly issue.
Having a regular schedule certainly helps on this front.