[Journal] Journal Title

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 24 14:45:55 EDT 2009

The "OSGeo Journal: Official Journal of the Open Source Geospatial
Foundation" came out of the desire to have a newsletter for the
foundation.  It's morphed naturally into providing a useful venue for
various topics and is less of a newsletter and more of a journal.

The Annual Report pretty much covers the year in review of various
items.  Our online news and email lists take care of announcements and
new developments.  Each software project takes care of their own quite
well too.

So, as Rafal mentioned, a name change is likely in order as we seek to
adapt the Journal.  This is also a good chance for us to revisit our
mission and inject a bit of enthusiasm for a grander vision :)

So let the discussion continue - OSGeo Journal no longer describes the
content well enough, so let's share new ideas for the Title of the
Journal, and a one sentence description of its content...

Rafal said:
Maybe something like "(Global) Journal on Open Source Geomatics"?