[Journal] [Fwd: Re: Next steps]

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 24 15:26:06 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 11:07 +0300, Dimitris Kotzinos wrote:
> I think that
> going from one issue (or even none if we do not count the Annual
> Report,
> and I think that we should not) to 4 issues per year is a giant step
> forward and we should make sure before that we can support it. As far
> as
> I know and understand I think that 4 issues is a really tough issue to
> handle as we are at the moment.

Yes it is an optimistic plan, but at least then if/when we fail to
complete one issue, we can tell the author when the next one may be
ready.  If there is enough enthusiasm in our workgroup to try for 4,
then I'm keen to support it and I don't mind if we fail!  We will all
learn our limits better :)