[Journal] Help on LaTex Syntax for Journal

Daniel Ames dan.ames at isu.edu
Fri Dec 3 17:42:59 EST 2010

Tyler,

On the LaTeX side of things, I'm not a pro tex-er so we hired someone to
format the Marchionni and Dunsford papers. Did they turn out OK with respect
to formatting? Our $50 on Odesk.com saved us hours of trying to learn LaTeX.
Is that too lazy? I'd be happy to sponsor some of the other papers as
well...

As for updating case studies, I'd argue to let them go as is if they
previously went through peer review successfully (as these all have). It's
often an unfortunate byproduct of our academic peer review system that
papers get published a year or two after the work was done. Though if we are
clever we can try to reduce that lag time for the OSGeo Journal.

 - Dan

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
<tmitchell at osgeo.org>wrote:

> On December 3, 2010 10:34:12 am Micha Silver wrote:
> > I apologize for drifting away from my Journal "chores"
> > recently. I hope to have a bit more time soon (after mid Dec),
> > and I'll try to take up some of the latex conversions.
>
> We all seem pretty busy, that's good, hope it's putting food on the table
> for
> everyone! :)
>
> > I was concerned about two articles in the Case Studies that
> > are about 3 year old. I'm reluctant to approach the authors
> > now, after such a long delay, and ask that they update the
> > article. But on the other hand publishing as is will mean
> > presenting material that is quite out of data.
>
> Which articles are you thinking of?  I see the following:
>
> FOSS4G Proceedings / Peer Review:
>  - Gadea et al
>  - Baranski
>  - Bartie et al
>  - Dunsford
>  - Marchionni et al
>  - Erickson et al
>
> Developer announcements:
>  - Hansmann
>
> Case Studies:
>  - Wilkins - I got him to update and resubmit already.

Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls
amesdani at isu.edu