[Journal] Volume 8 Rebellion

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 15:18:22 EST 2010

Tyler,

Thanks for your responses. I agree Scribus has some limitations, and
it is certainly quite a different tool than LaTex.

I certainly didn't want to give the impression that Scribus was a
better tool for the journal than LaTex. It is just a tool that I am
more comfortable with. At the end of the day it comes  down to limits
on volunteer time, and on selecting priorities. I don't want to make
the investment in LaTex because I have other things to take care of.
That has been a frustration, because it does restrict how much help I
can be in the final production stages of the Journal.

I will accept my more limited role in the early stages of pulling
together a Journal volume, and will leave the post-production up to
others on the Journal team. This may slow our production cycle a bit,
but it seems like the best way forward.

We don't need to rehash the debate about Scribus again. I think you
feel pretty stongly about using LaTex and I can follow your lead. I
just need to limit my involvement in the final production
stages.Hopefully I can offset this by being more involved in the front
end of each volume.

I'm sure the other volunteers appreciate your leadership and support
of the Journal as much as I do.

Landon