[Journal] Review of Draft PDF for Volume 6

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 18:05:36 EDT 2010

I'm finally getting back to my task list after returning from my
Alaska vacation. (You can see vacation pics here if you are
interested: ) I made some time on my lunch break to do a brief review
of our current "draft" PDF for Volume 6. I wanted to run a few items
that caught my eye by the mailing list, and then ask how I can help
tie up loose ends so we can publish a final version. Here are the
things that caught my eye:

(1) The total page number at the bottom of the page is in blue instead
of black. Is there a reason for this?

(2) On Page 15 and PAge 16 there are large gaps before and after a
couple of the bulleted lists. Is there a way to fix this? (The problem
doesn't appear in the last bulleted list in the article on Page 16.)

(3) The table borders on Page 24 and Page 25 appear to be incomplete,
unless the tables are clipped from some larger table.

(4) It seems we aren't consistent with the way we format subheadings.
Sometimes we use title case, and sometimes we don't. Take a loolook at
the subheadings on Page 39 as an example. This is probably something
we left up to the individual authors. If we decide on a consistent
format, I can go through our final LaTex to make sure the article
subheadings comply.

I apologize for my recent "abscence" from the mailing list. Hopefully
this e-mail can nudge us towards publication of Volume 6.

Landon