[Journal] Latex bib question...

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell.osgeo at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 21 14:36:37 EDT 2010

Hi guys,
Wondering if you might have an idea for me.  I haven't used bibliography stuff in latex for the journal before and am hitting an error.  Wondered if you know what's going on.

Basically in our journal volume 6 there is an article with citations and a .bib file:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/journal/volume_6/en-us/peer_review/bunch

The bib file is reference in the Makefile which runs bibtex too:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/journal/volume_6/en-us/Makefile

The way he cites looks okay, to my untrained eye anyway..
in the .bib:
@book{brinck:2002,
author={Brinck, T. and Gergle, D. and Wood, S. D.},
year={2002},
title={Designing Web Sites That Work: Usability for the Web.},
publisher={San Diego, California: Academic Press.}
}

in the .tex:
" outlined by \cite{brinck:2002} and"

When I compile it tries to run bibtex on the .bib but complains it can't find the .aux file.

Anything look familiar to you?

Hope you're well!