[Journal] Re: Re: It really is coming.. Volume 8 update

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Feb 9 23:49:05 EST 2011

It looks good.  More consistent format of articles (Thanks to Dimitris
for pointing that out since I was getting tired of pointing it out, same
for the articles that are missing author information.) - This still
needs more work; individually listed below.

This sentence could perhaps use review (become?):

This track was the right forum to
highlight the most important research challenges and
trends in the domain and let them became the basis for
an informal OSGeo research agenda.

This bullet might be missing an, "and":

• Free and open source Web Mapping and Web GIS,
Web processing services

(If I don't hear otherwise and still outstanding tomorrow, I will try to
make those two commits).

MapWindow 6.0 needs an author added at the top.  Figures in this article
are listed as, "1" rather than, "Figure 1" and clicking on them leads to
Figures in a different article.

These seem to be bad escape characters or perhaps the reader is to infer
that they are periods, ., ?
Email: dunsharo\ spacefactor\ @misu. edu

The following article, A Data System for Visualizing 4-D
Atmospheric CO2 Models and Data, is missing the end of article long
format author section (name, institution, email, etc)

In the article, A Modular Spatial Modeling Environment
for GIS, are figures 6 and 7 the correct figure?  (they look a little
odd to me).

Tyler, you have asked for reiteration on already listed items that
remain, however, I must say that I am a little hesitant about doing that
since some things have been mentioned several times and after a certain
number of times, it can be hard to tell the difference between not done
yet and not going to be done ever.  I probably would have not mentioned
some of these without the specific request for reiteration fearing that
I could become annoying or a broken record.

If it is an issue that is worth looking at, the clicking of figure
hyperlinks still aligns the figure caption with the top of the page
(thus not showing the figure since figure captions are underneath the
figure).

Bests, Eli

>>> "Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)" <tmitchell at osgeo.org> 02/09/11 9:00 AM >>>
Thanks for the excellent feedback - let's do one more round please :)

Please review it one more time:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/journal/volume_8/en-us/OSGeoJournal_vol8.pdf

My list is pretty much empty now except for trouble with some section
refs in the Collaborative Web-Based Mapping article.  Don't hesitate to
reiterate comments you already made that you still see.

Kudos to Dan Holt who has been helping me out a lot behind the scenes
this week.

Landon you have text to modify still in one article?  Just holler if you
want me to do it.

Tyler

On 2011-02-08, at 10:06 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> Yes, thanks Dimitris, those items are on my list too.
>
> Tyler
>
> On 2011-02-08, at 9:48 AM, Dimitris Kotzinos wrote:
>
>> Hi Tyler,
>>
>> and bravo!
>> Some quick remarks:
>> - some papers (from the scientific track) do not have author
information
>> - some authors have affiliations and some not (we need some
consistency)

>> Best,
>>
>> Dimitris
>

> Tyler Mitchell