[Journal] Re: Re: It really is coming.. Volume 8 update

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 10 00:46:25 EST 2011

> This sentence could perhaps use review (become?):
>
> This track was the right forum to
> highlight the most important research challenges and
> trends in the domain and let them became the basis for
> an informal OSGeo research agenda.

Done...

> This bullet might be missing an, "and":
>
> • Free and open source Web Mapping and Web GIS,
> Web processing services

Fixed up.

> MapWindow 6.0 needs an author added at the top.

Fixed, thanks for catching that one.

> Figures in this article
> are listed as, "1" rather than, "Figure 1"

A couple were doing that, right, fixed.

We also have some unreferenced figures in this article to sort out.  Whether they need to be added or not is the question.

> and clicking on them leads to
> Figures in a different article.

Looking into this.  We probably need to redefine the (hidden) labels across all articles to not repeat.  Click on the link and it takes to you to the first \label{fig:fig1} likely.

> These seem to be bad escape characters or perhaps the reader is to infer
> that they are periods, ., ?
> Email: dunsharo\ spacefactor\ @misu. edu

No inference required :)  Fixed!

> The following article, A Data System for Visualizing 4-D
> Atmospheric CO2 Models and Data, is missing the end of article long
> format author section (name, institution, email, etc)

Good catch, thanks.

> In the article, A Modular Spatial Modeling Environment
> for GIS, are figures 6 and 7 the correct figure?  (they look a little
> odd to me).

Good question... will check.

> Tyler, you have asked for reiteration on already listed items that
> remain

I only said to not hesitate :)  I won't be offended!

> If it is an issue that is worth looking at, the clicking of figure
> hyperlinks still aligns the figure caption with the top of the page
> (thus not showing the figure since figure captions are underneath the
> figure).

Yeah still looking into this one...

Thanks again, all good!  Changes committed and a couple other issues found in the meantime.  More tomorrow.