[Journal] Update on Volume 9 Progress

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:47:46 EST 2012

I completed a rough draft of the topical article on changes to the US
patent system I want to include in Volume 9. I uploaded the text to
the SVN. The article still needs some work, including the addition of
references. Once I've worked it over (hopefully tomorrow) I'll layout
the PDF copy in Scirbus and will get the PDF uploaded to SVN.

I also wrote my editorial for Volume 9 tonight. The text and a PDF
version for the editorial is now in the SVN.

Tomorrow my goal is to finish the patent article, the front cover, and
the back cover.

Thursday and Friday I want to work on the final article, so we can
include at least a little coding in this journal. If all goes well, I
should have an assembled PDF of Volume 9 ready for your review this
weekend. I'll post another message to this mailing list when it is
ready. If there are no major problems, I plan on publishing the final
PDF Monday.

I'll get the call for 2011 Annual Report items out next week. While
I'm waiting for those I'll start work on the HTML/EPUB conversions for
Volume 9. Let me know if you want to help with the file conversions.

Thanks.

Landon