[Journal] Editing access to journal.osgeo.org OJS instance

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Fri Aug 22 04:50:10 PDT 2014

Hi Barend,

I geuss the following steps are needed, to produce a proper Issue of the
Journal:

1. Some user of role "Editor" has to create a new Issue of the journal
(providing the necessary metadata).

2. The papers must be uploaded as submissions by users of role "Author"
(providing the necessary metadata).

3. The Editor(s) have to accept the submissions for the created Issue.

4. The Issue can be further edited (structure, metadata etc.) by the
Editor(s).

5. The Issue can finally be published by the editor(s). The Issue is
then accesible from the website.

Journal Managers can assign other users the role "Editor" (Enrollment),
so you could assign yourself the role Editor for creating the Issue. I
can also assign the role to you?

I offer to help with this. I can upload some of the papers as
submissions and provide metadata etc. Do we have the metadata from the
original submissions of the authors, from the foss4g academic trac
instance? This would be helpfull I guess.

regards,
Christian