[North America] updated status 25 Nov 2011

Mark Lucas mlucas17 at mac.com
Sat Nov 26 08:13:50 EST 2011

Daniel,

Good advice and I think it is something we should follow through with.  Given the timeline and current focus on repeating a Denver GITA event we are operating more in a 'benevolent dictator' mode to get some forward motion started.  At this point, anyone on the list can jump in, hoist some sails, and grab the tiller for a while (as long as we are heading out of the harbor).  My bias is that the contributors are the ones that get to vote, so we will have to try and figure out a way to establish a PSC that is meaningful.  For now, everyone on the mailing list has a voice - if someone has a better idea of how to organize the first regional conference before summer we'd really like to hear about it.

I'd suggest that we set a goal to organize a mailing list vote before the end of the year for a chapter president.  For the time being, as required by the submission rules, I've put my name down as board liaison for the chapter.  I've also volunteered to take the lead on organizing the conference.  Nothing would make me happier than see someone come forward and take the lead - I just want to make sure that we get this started.

By the way, I was in the early conferences in Minneapolis and Ottawa - those were great conferences.

Mark